Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Reviews of my First Book - None...

I published my first eBook a couple of months ago on Smashwords.com, Barnes & Noble, Apple, Sony, Diesel and recently Amazon.  I have been checking my statistics and have sold over 300 copies, but to date, not one single review.  Now of course, when I first published the book "A Time Before Facebook", I promoted it on my Facebook Site and Twitter Site, and even set up this blog to discuss it and other writing related topics.

Many of the downloads are from family and friends I am sure, but I also know that other members of the reading public have also downloaded it.  I did receive one positive comment on my Facebook site from a reader in the USA, but even after prompting, she didn't post a comment on any of the publishing sites that I am aware of.

Of course, being a self-proclaimed writer, I would like to know what people think of my book (I am also a musician and appreciate it when people dance and party to my band's music).  I would prefer to receive positive feedback naturally, but any kind would also be welcomed at this time.  I hope the reason for no feedback is that the book isn't worthy of comments, or friends don't want to hurt my feelings.

I'll be positive and imagine that my readers are just too busy to respond at this time.  I don't want to hire professional feed backers, that just doesn't seem right to me.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment