Translate

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

I dream of the day when ALL politicians are held accountable.

Is it just me, or do politicians seem to make big promises, get elected, and then fall somewhat short on those promises or dismiss them altogether?  If I applied for a new position and made promises about my qualifications and abilities to my new employer, then totally disregarded them, I would be FIRED - not later but sooner.

If I made errors on my expense reporting over a period of time, I would not only be FIRED, I would probably be charged with theft and may even serve time in PRISON.

If a friend of mine helped me get my foot in the door and eventually get a new job, and I then changed policies within the company to benefit these friends financially to pay them back for their assistance, my employer would surely FIRE me.

We won't even go into what would happen if, after I was hired, I changed the internal company policies to give myself raises in pay and increased benefits.  What company on earth would allow it's employees to give themselves raises and benefits?  Gee, I think my CPP payments are too low, I'll just give myself a raise - I deserve it.  No, I think I would be FIRED.

And of course the large corporations that fund elections for various politicians are just providing legal contributions;  it really isn't bribery.  But let any common citizen do the same and off to PRISON.  I don't believe it.  It just hit me.  There are two sets of laws in the world.  One for the rich and one for the poor.  Silly me.

I dream of the day when politicians are truly held accountable for their words and actions and a few of them actually go to JAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment